Navaratri is a nine-day Hindu Festival, celebrate in every autumnIn Navratri people worship nine different forms of goddess DurgaThe word Navratri means “Nine nights”And tenth day is of dussehra- victory of good over evil.
Navratri is a very auspicious festivalThis Navratri Festival comes two times a year.
During Navratri Festival most of the people observe fastThese fast rules and regulations different in different regionsYou must ask your family members before doing these fast recipesEven though these vrat rules different according to families.
This Navratri Festival is celebrated in different ways in different states according to their tradition across India.
Each day is special and celebrated with a special colorDuring night dandiya is played devotees to worship goddess Durga.
In Navratri, the nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshippedThe nine Goddess are- Maa Shailputri, Maa Brahmacharini, Maa Chandraghanta, Maa Kushmanda, Maa Skandmata, Maa Katyayane, Maa kaalratri, Maa Mahagauri, Maa Siddhidatri.
During the fast, some people avoid eating garlic and onionDevotees do vrat on the first and last day of Navratri and some do vrat for nine days.
People mostly prefer kuttu atta, sabudana khichdi, sabudana kheer, rajgira atta, makhana, fruits, milk, etc.
Goddess Durga is worshipped in her nine forms called Navdurga during Navratri Festival.
The First day of Navratri is of Goddess ShailputriGoddess Shailputri is the First form of Goddess DurgaGoddess Shailputri is the daughter of King of a mountainShe is also referred as Goddess ParvatiRoyal Blue is the first day color of NavratriDevotees wear royal blue color clothesFor Bhog or Prashad offer Ghee to goddess ShailputriSabudana Khichdi or Aloo Ka Halwa can also prepare for bhog.
You can make various types of dishes from sabudana like sabudana khichdi, sabudana kheer, sabudana vada, sabudana dhirda, sabudana cutlet, sabudana ladoo, sabudana tikki, etcFrom Aloo also you can make various types of dishes like aloo tikki, aloo halwa, aloo vada, aloo cutlet, fried aloo, aloo chips, etc.
The second day of Navaratri is of Goddess Brahmachrarini.On the second day for bhog of Goddess Brahmacharini sugarDevotees can also prepare Atte ka Halwa or Kele ki barfi for bhogDevotees wear yellow color on the secondday.
From Banana, you can make banana chips, banana halwa, banana rolls, etc.
Day three of Navaratri is of Goddess Chandraghanta, Colour of the day is greenDevotes can offer milk to the goddess as bhogDevotees can also prepare Sabudana kheer for bhog.
From milk you can make curd, ras malai, basundi, kalakand, peda, rabri, kheer, paneer kheer, shrikhand, kaju katli, sandesh, ras gulla, makhaan,etc.
The fourth day of Navratri is of Goddess Kushmanda. Devotees wear gray color clothes and offer kuttu ka malpua to goddess Khusmanda.
From kuttu atta i.ebuck wheat you can made kuttu atta halwa, kuttu atta pakora, kuttu puri, kuttu roti, kuttu paratha, kuttu tikki, kuttu vada, kuttu atta khichdi, kuttu dahivada, kuttu cutlets, kuttu cutlets, kuttu cake,etc.
On the fifth day of Navaratri is dedicated to Goddess SkandamataThe fifth day is also called as Panchami devotees offer banana as bhogKele ki barfi can also offer to goddess SkandamataColour of Panchami is Orange.
From Banana you can make banana kheer, banana halwa, banana pakoda, banana balls, banana sabzi, banana dessert i.ekelyache shikran, etc.
The sixth day of Navratri is of Goddess KatyayaniHoney can offer on as bhog to goddess KatyayaniDevotees can wear white colour clothes.
Seventh-day Navaratri is of Goddess KaalratriJaggery can offer to the goddess KaalratriDevotees can wear red color clothesDevotees can also prepare Atte ka Halwa, Sabudana Kheer adding jaggery for bhog.
The eighth day of Navaratri is of Goddess Mahagauri Avatar of goddess DurgaDevotees can offer coconut as bhogCan also make Barfi or ladoos of coconutOn eighths, the day of Navaratri devotees can wear sky blue color clothes.
From coconut, you can make laddoo, barfi, chutney, kachori, etc.
Day nine is of Goddess SiddhidatriDevotees can wear pink color clothesFor Bhog Halwa puri can also prepare.
Make your this year Navaratri perfectThis Info may help you to what to cook for Bhog and which color clothes to wear on which dayI wish this Navaratri bring more happiness and joy to you and your family’s life.
Main Ingredients of Fasting Vrat & their recipes/Vrat ka Khana :
- SabudanaSabudana is the main ingredient during fasting vratIt is used and consume almost all regions in India during fasting daysSabudana is also known as sago or tapioca pearls or saggubiyyam.
- Makhana makhana raita, makhana kheer, makhana halwa, makhana aloo tikki, phool makhana, makhana moongphali kadhi, aloo makhana sabzi, matar makhana sabzi, makhana cutlet, roasted makhana, etc.
- Peanuts masala shengdana, shengdana amti, peanuts chaat, peanut chikki, peanut laddoo, peanut barfi, peanut kheer,etc.
- Potato : potato halwa, aloo tikki, potato vada, vrat wale aloo, dahi aloo, potato finger chips, aloo makhana, aloo jeera aloo, farali pattice, aloo chaat, farali batata vada, potato chips, aloo cutlet, fried aloo,
- Rajgira : rajgira paratha, rajgira poori, rajgira kheer, rajgira halwa
- Samvat Rice samvat rice khichdi, samvat pulao, sama chawaal idli, samvat rice kheer
- Kuttu kuttu poori, kuttu paratha, kuttu kheer, kuttu atta halwa, kuttu atta pakora, kuttu roti, kuttu paratha, kuttu tikki, kuttu vada, kuttu atta khichdi, kuttu dahivada, kuttu cutlets, kuttu cake,etc.
- Singhare singhare poori, singhare halwa, singhare kheer,
- Milk paneer kofta, paneer kheer, curd, ras malai, basundi, kalakand, peda, rabri, kheer, paneer kheer, shrikhand, kaju katli, sandesh, ras gulla, makhaan,etc.
- Kaddu khatta meetha kaddu, kaddu kheer, kaddu halwa,
- Sweet Potato or Shakarkandi sweet potato chaat, sweet potato halwa, sweet potato kheer
- banana banana chips, raw banana kofta, banana kheer, banana balls, banana rolls, banana halwa, banana pakora, banana balls, banana sabzi, banana dessert i.ekelyache shikran,etc.
- Coconut : coconut laddoo, coconut barfi, coconut chutney, coconut kachori,etc.
- Carrot carrot halwa, carrot payasam, carrot barfi, etc.
Enjoy the Navratri Festival with lots of varieties of recipes of fasting vrat and playing Dandiya Garba.